Today marks the anniversary of the defeat of the coup that attempted to remove President Hugo Chavez from power in 2002. Within 48 hours, reaction was defeated by a magnificent movemenet of the Venezuelan masses. Here we reproduce the analysis of those events written by Ted Grant and Alan Woods, originally published on 14 April 2002.
- Who’s to blame for the crisis in Venezuela? Can it be solved through negotiations? A response to Gabriel Hetland and “The Nation” 15 Mar 2019
- From “humanitarian aid” to a nationwide blackout: what next for Trump's coup in Venezuela? 11 Mar 2019
- Venezuela: 23 February – the day they did not pass 24 Feb 2019
- Venezuela: declaration to the revolutionary people – before the imperialist onslaught, we must go on the offensive! 22 Feb 2019
- Venezuela: imperialist pressure ramped up under guise of “humanitarian aid” 21 Feb 2019