Originally published by Trotsky in 1924 these essays constitute a significant contribution to the then ongoing debate in the USSR over culture and art in a Workers State. It foreshadowed a later debate over the Stalinist conception of “Socialist Realism” in the later part of the decade. This book was suppressed by the bureaucracy after Trotsky was expelled from the Communist Party of the Soviet Union in 1928.
Page 1 of 10
- Russian Revolution as never seen before: the real story, told by an eyewitness 7 Nov 2022
- The Young Lenin 22 Aug 2022
- In Memory of Leon Trotsky 20 Aug 2022
- Lenin on May Day 13 May 1904
- RUSSIAN REVOLUTION AS NEVER SEEN BEFORE: the real story, told by an eyewitness – EXCLUSIVE 5 Nov 2021