Apologists for capitalism argue that it is the best, most-efficient system that could ever possibly exist. But the current period of crisis and chaos prove otherwise. Today, the COVID-19 pandemic has triggered an economic collapse that threatens to throw society back to the 1930s, sending the world into a full-blown depression. Clearly, something is rotten at the heart of the system. The advocates of Keynesian ideas - or modern varieties like Modern Monetary Theory - cannot provide a real solution to this crisis. In his talk from this year's International Marxist University, Adam Booth, a leading activist of Socialist Appeal, explains why capitalism has failed, and what the way forward is for humanity.
Join the International Marxist Tendency and help build a revolutionary organisation to participate in the struggle for socialism worldwide!
In order to join fill in this form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Labour shortage lunacy: another symptom of capitalism’s chaos 18 Oct 2021
- Shortages and bottlenecks expose the anarchy of the capitalist system 13 Oct 2021
- Pandora Papers: dirty financial dealings of ruling class exposed – again! 7 Oct 2021
- 2020: bumper year for the ‘millionaire club’ 9 Jul 2021
- Capitalists turn to tricks and illusions as inflation starts to rise 25 Jun 2021