Today marks the anniversary of the defeat of the coup that attempted to remove President Hugo Chavez from power in 2002. Within 48 hours, reaction was defeated by a magnificent movemenet of the Venezuelan masses. Here we reproduce the analysis of those events written by Ted Grant and Alan Woods, originally published on 14 April 2002.
- Venezuela: privatisation is a betrayal 20 May 2019
- Venezuela: the imperialist coup loses momentum and the government goes on the offensive, but where does that leave the people? 10 May 2019
- Venezuela: Guaidó’s botched coup – what does it mean and what's next? 1 May 2019
- Venezuela: the counter-revolution raises its head – stop the coup! 30 Apr 2019
- Who’s to blame for the crisis in Venezuela? Can it be solved through negotiations? A response to Gabriel Hetland and “The Nation” 15 Mar 2019