The preparations of the JKNSF convention to be held on November 29, 2008 at Liaqat Bagh Rawalpindi (Pakistan) are in full swing. A rally will be held from Committee Chowk to the Press Club at 2 pm and after that the convention will start. Comrade Lal Khan will be the chief guest in the convention.
The target for participation of the students and vast layers of youth in this convention is almost ten thousand, for which all the comrades of the organization are working at their best especially in Kashmir and north Punjab. The whole of Kashmir and North Punjab is red with socialist slogans on the walls and streets. Leaflets are being distributed in all the colleges and universities of Kashmir and north Punjab on different youth and student issues such as unemployment, the class based education system, increases in transport fares, privatization of the colleges and universities, increases in fees and many more.
Camps are being held, rallies are being organized and the poster with the slogan "Our aim is independence and our goal is socialism" is being pasted in every nook and corner of Kashmir and North Punjab. Also this poster is being sent to all other regions of Pakistan from where a large number of delegates of the students and youth are going to participate in this convention.
The delegates from many other progressive student organizations like People's Student Federation, PSF, the student wing of the Pakistan People's Party, the Pushtoon student federation, the Balochistan student organization, BSO, and many others will also participate in this activity from all over the country.
Different committees like finance, security, management and political campaigns are working effectively to make the convention successful. This is one more step in building the forces for the socialist revolution in Pakistan and subcontinent that must eventually lead to a socialist federation of the subcontinent and the whole world.
- Pakistan: JKNSF workers’ conference - The future is ours! The future is Red! by Zahid Iqbal (September 23, 2008)
- Kashmir: JKNSF announces its 17th Convention by Abid Hussain (July 26, 2008)
Reports of previous 16th convention of JKNSF:
- Photo Gallery of JKNSF Convention (September 29, 2006)
- JKNSF Convention: A new chapter in the history of Kashmir begins (September 27, 2006)
- Motorcycle rally in Rawalakot (September 20, 2006)
- JKNSF prepares for its annual convention (September 13, 2006)
- Kashmir: Nuclear Flashpoint or revolutionary point of reference? (September 7, 2006)