Marxism defends the unity of peoples across all gender and sexual lines in the fight against the oppressive capitalist system. But Queer Theory holds that our gender and sexual identities are a fiction produced by discourses and oppressive power in society: a learned performance. What does this idea mean for the liberation struggle? Is Queer Theory compatible with Marxism? In this talk, recorded at this year's International Marxist University, Yola Kipcak from Der Funke (Austrian section of the IMT) tackles these issues and explains the position of Marxists towards Queer Theory and the struggle against oppression.
Join the International Marxist Tendency and help build a revolutionary organisation to participate in the struggle for socialism worldwide!
In order to join fill in this form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Britain: Marxism, the Labour Party and the witch-hunt 23 Jul 2021
- Hitler's war on the Soviet Union and how Stalin prepared the way for it 22 Jun 2021
- Britain: Labour members say – Starmer out! 11 Jun 2021
- A worldwide epoch of revolution is being prepared 28 May 2021
- The class, the party and the leadership: How to organize revolution 19 May 2021