We received this document from comrade Neeraj Jain in Pune, India. For twenty years comrade Neeraj was active in the Maoist movement in India. Then recently he discovered the writings of Trotsky. As he says, “I only began reading Trotsky a year ago. It was a revelation! It was writing in the best tradition of Marx, Engels and Lenin. It came as a shocker to me… the Maoist movement in India is silent on Trotsky’s criticisms of Stalin, criticisms which are totally in the spirit of Marxism-Leninism.” We may not necessarily agree on everything comrade Neeraj has to say about Mao, but we believe this document is of great interest as it shows that among comrades from a Maoist background there is a rethinking taking place and the writings of Trotsky have a big role to play in the process.
- Capitalism’s depleted reserves 14 Apr 2016
- A tribute to Andy Viner 27 Jun 2011
- Letter from Israel: Some comments on the situation in Egypt 24 Feb 2011
- Letter from an Egyptian activist 21 Jan 2011
- Comrade Neeraj Jain on Stalin and Trotsky - Introduction 15 Nov 2010