Alan Woods, of the International Marxist Tendency, speaks to University of Arts' London students at the Whitechapel Gallery, London, where a replica of Picasso's great painting of the massacre at Guernica is on display. Using this powerful masterpiece as a starting point, Alan explores what makes great art; to what extent is great art a reflection of the period from which it comes; and can propaganda be great art?
- Alan Woods’ ‘Capitalist fetishism and the decay of art’ translated into Farsi! 19 Mar 2018
- Tears for Nicolas the Bloody: The Netflix Russian Revolution Documentary 18 Oct 2017
- In Defence of Soviet Art: A Reply to Jonathan Jones 6 Feb 2017
- 400 Years since the Death of Shakespeare: A Revolutionary in Literature – Part four 7 Oct 2016
- 400 Years since the Death of Shakespeare: A Revolutionary in Literature – Part three 23 Sep 2016