Today marks the anniversary of the defeat of the coup that attempted to remove President Hugo Chavez from power in 2002. Within 48 hours, reaction was defeated by a magnificent movemenet of the Venezuelan masses. Here we reproduce the analysis of those events written by Ted Grant and Alan Woods, originally published on 14 April 2002.
- Venezuela after the elections: more concessions to the capitalists, while economic crisis worsens 11 Jun 2018
- Venezuela: Maduro wins presidential election, despite imperialist meddling – what next? 21 May 2018
- Venezuelan presidential elections: between imperialist aggression and economic crisis 16 May 2018
- Remembering the 2002 Venezuelan coup: how the masses defeated reaction 13 Apr 2018
- Venezuela: faced with reactionary threats and concessions – build a revolutionary alternative! 9 Apr 2018