Today marks the anniversary of the defeat of the coup that attempted to remove President Hugo Chavez from power in 2002. Within 48 hours, reaction was defeated by a magnificent movemenet of the Venezuelan masses. Here we reproduce the analysis of those events written by Ted Grant and Alan Woods, originally published on 14 April 2002.
- Venezuela: the Peoples’ Revolutionary Alternative is born. Let’s rebuild hope! 13 Aug 2020
- Venezuela: on the arrest of Luis Zapata – another example of the judicialisation of popular struggles 20 Jul 2020
- Venezuela: open letter to the PCV and PPT 8 Jul 2020
- Hands Off Venezuela condemns UK High Court decision on Venezuelan gold: “It’s daylight robbery!” 7 Jul 2020
- New revelations about UK government involvement in “regime change” in Venezuela 19 May 2020