Today marks the anniversary of the defeat of the coup that attempted to remove President Hugo Chavez from power in 2002. Within 48 hours, reaction was defeated by a magnificent movemenet of the Venezuelan masses. Here we reproduce the analysis of those events written by Ted Grant and Alan Woods, originally published on 14 April 2002.
- Venezuela: how did the PSUV lose the local elections in Chávez’s home state? 18 Jan 2022
- Venezuela: freedom for jailed workers! 2 Sep 2021
- Venezuela: Peoples’ Revolutionary Alternative launches Founding Congress appeal 20 Apr 2021
- Alan Woods discusses Engels’ “Part Played by Labour in the Transition from Ape to Man” on Venezuelan “Cadre School” broadcast 4 Mar 2021
- Venezuela: Maduro accuses left and Communist Party of being agents of imperialism 10 Feb 2021