Marxism defends the unity of peoples across all gender and sexual lines in the fight against the oppressive capitalist system. But Queer Theory holds that our gender and sexual identities are a fiction produced by discourses and oppressive power in society: a learned performance. What does this idea mean for the liberation struggle? Is Queer Theory compatible with Marxism? In this talk, recorded at this year's International Marxist University, Yola Kipcak from Der Funke (Austrian section of the IMT) tackles these issues and explains the position of Marxists towards Queer Theory and the struggle against oppression.
- [Reading Guide] History of Philosophy: a Marxist Perspective 23 Nov 2021
- Labour in 1950: betrayal is inherent in reformism 12 Nov 2021
- RUSSIAN REVOLUTION AS NEVER SEEN BEFORE: the real story, told by an eyewitness – EXCLUSIVE 5 Nov 2021
- Unison civil war: push for a recall national conference! 26 Oct 2021
- The fight for a mass workers’ party in the US 25 Oct 2021