Marxism defends the unity of peoples across all gender and sexual lines in the fight against the oppressive capitalist system. But Queer Theory holds that our gender and sexual identities are a fiction produced by discourses and oppressive power in society: a learned performance. What does this idea mean for the liberation struggle? Is Queer Theory compatible with Marxism? In this talk, recorded at this year's International Marxist University, Yola Kipcak from Der Funke (Austrian section of the IMT) tackles these issues and explains the position of Marxists towards Queer Theory and the struggle against oppression.
- On Kautsky’s Foundations of Christianity – introduction to the new German edition 24 Dec 2020
- The crisis of reformism: class collaboration and compromise 17 Dec 2020
- Beethoven: man, composer and revolutionary 17 Dec 2020
- The rise of the Comintern and the role of Leon Trotsky 10 Dec 2020
- Is housework an “unpaid” job? False theoretical premise leads to reactionary position in practice 3 Dec 2020