Recently the Marxist society of the University of London Union met for a discussion on ‘Marxism and Darwinism’. The topic of this meeting was chosen in order to coincide with the recent exhibitions and publicity surrounding the 150th anniversary of the publication of Charles Darwin’s masterwork, ‘Origin of the Species’ in November this year.
John Pickard, author of “150th anniversary of publication of Origin of the Species” led off for the first time at a political meeting for 15 years before a meeting of about fifteen people, comprising students, Socialist Appeal supporters and other interested people.
- 150th anniversary of publication of Origin of the Species by John Pickard (February 19, 2009)
- Engels and Human Development by John Pickard (June 15, 2000)
- Darwin's Untimely Burial - Despite reports to the contrary, the theory of natural selection remains very much alive by Stephen Jay Gould (October 1976)
- The Origins of Our Species by Rob Sewell (May 15, 2001)
- The Part played by Labour in the Transition from Ape to Man by Frederick Engels (1876)