The comrades of FalceMartello are mourning the loss of comrade Giampiero Palermo, from Cosenza in the region of Calabria in the south, who took his own life yesterday. In Defence of Marxism mourns with them. Giampiero was a dedicated and hardworking comrade of the tendency gathered around FalceMartello and the IMT in Italy. He was one of our first comrades in the south, a convinced Communist and fighter for the cause of the working class. You can read Claudio Bellotti’s Addio Giampiero in Italian. A translation will follow.
- Italy’s response to the coronavirus: indiscriminate measures and fearmongering 27 Feb 2020
- Italy: sardines, flags and the class struggle 19 Dec 2019
- Italy: struggle for the survival of Venice – the callousness of big business 29 Nov 2019
- Italy: Conte 2.0 is no worker-friendly government! 13 Sep 2019
- Italy: dockers strike against the imperialist war and win! 23 May 2019